Looking to work at a firm that encourages a work life balance and a path to Partnership?
WithumSmith+Brown, P.C., is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today's modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
Withum's Tax Services Group is made up of a brilliant team of tax specialists that work to ensure tax reporting obligations are met in an accurate and timely manner and minimize or defer the payment of taxes. Their comprehensive understanding of international, US federal, state, and local regulations, counting our affiliation with HLB international, allows them to help develop economical tax strategies anywhere. Their services include Business, Individual, State & Local tax, R&D Tax Credit, as well as International and Private Client services
As a Tax Manager in our Financial Services Industry Group based out of our New York or Whippany, NJ offices, you'll work alongside an integrated team of seasoned, well-known CPAs and industry leaders. In this position, you will take a lead role on all aspects of tax engagements, supervise/mentor staff, and build/maintain relationships with clients.
Withum's brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way, promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You'll Spend Your Time
* ommunicate and work directly with high level client personnel, firm audit and tax staff, seniors, supervisors, directors and partners,
* Reviewing yearly tax filing for hedge funds, private equity and other investment funds as well as broker dealers
* Reviewing complex partner tax allocations,
* All aspects of the financial services tax engagements, which includes hedge funds, private equity investment funds and broker dealers,
* Handle high level technical and compliance issues, tax policies, and procedures,
* Evaluate and address foreign reporting issues of the Funds
* Provide financial services expertise involving tax research and application of specialize industry knowledge and accounting principles,
* Research and draft memorandum involving complex tax matters,
* Identify and implement tax planning and fund structuring opportunities,
* Development and implementation of Training programs,
* Supervision and mentoring of staff accountants on financial service engagements
* Assist in the coordination of staffing and the development of policies and procedures
* Assist in the cultivation and on-boarding of new clients
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting and have a CPA license;
* Having a Masters of Science in Taxation is a plus;
* 6-12 years of prior experience working in the tax department of a public accounting, with experience leading multiple engagements and supervising staff within the financial services practice area
* Excellent analytical and technical tax skills;
* Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships;
* Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing projects in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment;
* Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills to represent the Firm well to client's management; and
* Excellent analytical, organizational, project management skills, and strong attention to detail.
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
Associated topics: call center, client, guest, insurance agent, insurance sales, outside sales, sales agent, sales position, sales representative, sell