Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Master Data Management Architect, are to:
Who you are
- Enhance & implement Standard Operating Procedures and corporate business rules for various master entities (especially Product, Customer and Hierarchies/Relations);
- Enhance & implement Enterprise & Solution architectural strategies to support the interaction between the Master data entities and other Corporate Systems;
- Maintain business processes, workflows & mappings, KPIs, and SOPs, including MDM match rules to maintain the integrity of various master entities;
- Identify & provide direction to improve data quality - monitoring alerts and data cleaning activities through stewardship team;
- Identify latency in the MDM data flows and plan enhancements Identify issues in the source data collections from third party and internal;
- Enhance MDM QC process to insure data is consistent and valid between Corporate Data Warehouse, Sales Force Automation, & Incentive Compensation systems;
- Evaluate MDM data from multiple vendors and help qualify the strengths and gaps of MDM;
- Function as MDM Project Manager for new project initiatives involving new integrations (internal and external systems) with focus on quality and efficiency;
- Deep dive into running analysis on MDM data (stewardship), identify anomalies and perform corrective actions to rectify data issues. To
handle Data Change Requests from field force and home office.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree with at least 10 years of a combination of Life Sciences and Consumer Products experience OR a Masters degree with at least 8 years of a combination of Life Sciences and Consumer Products experience OR Doctorate with at least 1 year of a combination of Life Sciences and Consumer Products experience OR 14+ years of relevant experience;
- 8+ years of experience should include Healthcare and/or CPG Commercial Data experience;
- Expertise in MDM implementations (in-house or external MDM solution). At least 1 end-to-end implementation;
- A strong understanding of various industry identifiers that interlinks master & reference datasets;
- Working experience on Cloud based technologies that brings in speed of integration; metadata management; enables data governance; should have practical experience in planning & executing MDM Projects utilizing Agile development principles.
- To oversee enterprise need of strong Hierarchy and Affiliations. Deep knowledge of IDN, Systems, Networks, GPO is an added advantage;
- Should have prior experience in setting-up and running Data Quality & Data Profiling Technologies to profile source datasets prior to
integration to MDM applications, and for routine KPI measurement thereafter;
- Proficient in writing / understanding complex SQLs on Teradata and Talent integrations;
- IT project management skills and drive MDM projects to closure;
- Proficient use of Tableau, Microsoft Office Suite including Power point, Excel and Access, Visio, Project plan;
- Ability to understand pros, cons, and limitations of third party supplied data, as well as has an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of third party players involved with focus on MDM;
- Strong knowledge of MDM processes/concepts and best practices and Challenges;
- Strong knowledge of relational database structures and practices;
- Ability to represent as an SME on MDM and drive MDM integrations;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present ideas in a clear and user-friendly language;
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities;
- Must demonstrate interest in data mining, large-scale data modeling and business requirements gathering;
- Comfortable working with large amounts of data and enjoys working with database platforms.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with tools like Trifecta, Waterline and Collibra.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the \"Passion to Innovate\" and the \"Power to Change\", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Associated topics: data center, data engineer, data management, data warehousing, database administrator, etl, erp, hbase, mongo database, teradata