Digital Consumer Bank: Software Engineering Lead
You will report to the Digital Consumer Bank Engineering Leadership for the US Consumer Market being built out of the new Whippany location. Partnering closely with your PnL product partners, you will be critical to developing the Digital Bank core capabilities. While in this role, you will need to be equally focus on the forward looking landscape, emerging technologies and the opportunities it may present to enhance the quality of Digital Bank we present to our customers going into the future.
What will you be doing?
* Development of digital products (different than that of business product)
* You will be extremely outcome focused (e.g. What is the press release)
* Lead a team as well as be able to contribute individually to the code base
* Driving innovation into product (e.g. utilize the offerings of a platform)
* Sit with (co-located) and works within the cross-functional delivery team daily (majority of time)
* Provide leadership and guidance to the program and project execution teams allocated to supporting our product.
What we're looking for:
* Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
* 10 years of experience in building complex cross product financial or digital service capabilities, managing software teams and development of distributed applications
* 5 years of experience with agile software development methodology and hands on experience of developing/designing and leading the implementation and delivery of multiple large scale projects.
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Writes complex, automated test code that allows for repeatable, reliable testing solutions to test the wide functionality of products and software.
* Builds new tools to assist in faster test automation and functional testing efforts, and innovating on existing automation processes.
* Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level SDETs. Provides technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
* Reviews project progress, evaluates results and recommends corrections in technical applications and analysis to executive teams.
* Work closely with Test Engineers and Development teams to build test script hooks that help in earlier and easier testing and analyze broken test cases and diagnose and repair to working order.
* Diagnose and repair complex bugs within production code and drive scrum meetings as ScrumMaster, perform backlog grooming, and sprint planning.
* Create Complex SQL queries for validation of database; write SOAP and RESTful API automated scripts.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you'll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Associated topics: application, c c++, c++, c#, develop, php, sde, software developer, software development engineer, software programmer